The following work experience is required to effectively perform this job role:
- 6 or more months experience building, configuring and maintaining systems deployed with cloud computing service providers (or on classic computing infrastructure).
- 6 or more months deploying, configuring and administrating Containers in Docker.
- Working knowledge of Service Management Systems such as FreshDesk, CA Service Desk Manager or BMC Remedy would be advantageous.
- Some experience in scripting and software development would be advantageous.
The following knowledge is required:
- Computing Infrastructure
- Virtualisation and Containerisation Technologies:
- IPv6 - Advantageous
- Wide Area Networks
- Network Infrastructure
- Network Security
- Application Security
- Scripting Languages:
- Command Shell:
- Ubuntu shell
- Microsoft Command Line - Advantageous
- Basic PHP Development – Advantageous
- Office Productivity Tools
- Service Management Systems, e.g. ITIL, IT4IT, eTOM, etc. - Advantageous
A formal University Degree or equivalent College Diploma in Computer Sciences or equivalent is strongly recommended.
Industry certificates will be advantageous:
- Linux – SUSE, Ubuntu, Redhat, etc.
- Cisco CCNA
- AWS Certification (SysOps Administrator)
- Microsoft – MCSE Cloud Platforms and Infrastructure Certification
- VMware Associate level Certifications
The following Skills are required:
- Linux administration
- Configuring, Operating and debugging Virtualisation and Containerisation Technologies:
- Intermediary to Advanced scripting
- Proficient use of remote terminal technologies:
- Systems Thinking
- Conflict Management and Problem solving
- Change Management
- Technical Requirements Gathering and Documenting
- Technical Document Writing
- Communication of technical information
- Time Management
The following attitudes are required:
- Operations focused
- Customer Service
- Team Player
- Interest in the Security industry and the Maltego application